• Hailed as a party starter, Bombay Bassment has made the biggest open air stages and the most intimate clubs dance to their amalgamated sound of Hip-Hop, Reggae, Funk, and Drum & Bass.
• Formed in 2010, the band has so far released their self titled album, ‘Bombay Bassment’, in 2014 which was followed up with, ‘Bombay Bassment X FUNC VIP’, a collaboration with Randolph Correia, aka FUNC. The band’s 1st EP, ‘OK, Dance’, will be released independently in May 2017.
• In 2010, Bombay Bassment was listed in ‘Indiecision’s list of Most Promising Indie Acts’, and has lived up to critics expectations by winning multiple awards. They won ‘Best Emerging Band’ at the 7th Annual Jack Daniel’s Rock Awards. In 2011, they won ‘Converse: Original Band Hunt’, as well as ‘GOLD for Best Hip-Hop Group’, ’SILVER for Best Hip-Hop Song’, and ‘BRONZE for Genre Bending Act’, at the South Asian Indio Go Music Awards.
• With billings at major festivals in India like the Bacardi NH7 Weekender, SulaFest, Ziro Music Festival, and Jaipur Literature Festival, Bombay Bassment became the 1st Indian Hip Hop act to play at the Glastonbury Festival in the UK in June 2016.
• The band has shared stages with some of the biggest names in Hip-Hop, and Reggae, some of which includes artists like Snoop Dogg, The Wailers, Gentleman’s Dub Club, and Apache Indian; who even collaborated with them on stage for Bombay Bassment’s rendition of Manu Chao’s King of the Bongo.
“This is a band that’s sure-footed and ready to, as cliched as it may sound, make it to the top”
- The Guardian
‘Bombay Bassment is redefining the sound of Indian Hip-Hop’
- Mumbai Boss